Our Aqeedah

Friday, January 21, 2011

Temporally Tempered




I woke up but a moment ago, and now the sun has set again
I can tell you what the time is, but I can never tell you when
I'm struggling in this temporal madness that I constantly find myself in
Left unwittingly bewitched by this foolishness, and barely in it to win


Lit before me is the stark, eerie image of what I know will come to be
Bright lights and satisfaction elude me in my half-hearted fantasy
I'm at sea, I'm drifting away, there's not a soul that can save me now
I'd come running back, seeking His mercy, if fate would but allow


My eyes seek out the shadows of life, partially hidden from view
Even daylight couldn't chase away the darkness, and this the shadows knew
Running like blood flows through the veins of the son of Adam, unbeknownst to men
If the moon but knew the evil that it canvassed, perhaps it would never rise again


Reminded of a day when the written pages of every person shall be laid wide open
You can see it all before you now, the misgivings, and all you've ever put hope in
When the heaven shall be stripped off and taken away from its previous place
The poor among them elevated in status, while the rich have fallen from grace


When the hell fire shall be set ablaze, and paradise finally brought near
The taste left in your mouth that of almost palpable fear
For one last chance to be cast into the past many will surely grieve
Because this Hour, and this Day, is beyond anything you could conceive


Thrown back into the region of reality, I watch the hands of the clock make its rounds
Tick, tock, tick, tock. Continuity mocked by its sounds
My eyes finally close, my mind put to rest, while I'm left blissfully unaware
Temporarily, temporally, 'tis all but one affair

2 comments:

  1. Masha'Allah tabarakallah,your writings really amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jazakallah kheyr sis, you're far too kind. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete