Our Aqeedah

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Floetry: The Deepest of Love







My vessel has slowly sunken and my perfect flower has wilted away
My dreams have been shattered to shards, and my spirit shaded in grey
I fear there is no life left in me, a walking corpse on the earth’s surface I’ve become
And in my world there is no source of light, only forlorn shadows and all that is glum
I go about my daily duties, pretending that nothing is wrong
I frivol away my best years of life, singing an off-beat song
I sing loudly so that I may block out all thoughts of a sensible nature
I’ve convinced myself this life is mine to live, and Satan promised to cater
I’ve traded the pleasure of a mere few days, for that of eternity
I know that I am wrong, and every single day, it burns in me
I’ve taken all my love, and placed it on the wrong object of desire
My heart had spoken the truth, but I emerged, ever the liar
A dead soul, looking through dead eyes
A long wail, amidst the other cries
The pain, the confusion, the sadness of reality
combined to expose an age-old abnormality

So we had a serious talk, Myself and I...

How do I attain something so seemingly out of my reach?
Which way shall I strive, and who shall I beseech?
It is clear to me, that I was created with a sole purpose to live
Something to grasp on to, when my hold would threaten to give
So I closed my eyes and I breathed. And I opened them ever so slow...
And before me there lay a whole new world with a new, purposeful glow
So I cried in solitude, out of a humbling fear
And at the very same time, I smiled through my tears
I’d found a balance between constant fear and hope
Fear from His wrath, Hope for His reward
Striving to be a worthy servant of my Lord
My eyes now alight, the new window to my soul
Completeness and happiness, beyond even my control
So I was saved, just as the light at the end of the tunnel began to dim
And never have I loved anything so deeply, the way I know I love Him.





No comments:

Post a Comment